Sunday, January 30, 2005

Taisha Sho - genkan


large genkan
Originally uploaded by Jason In Japan.

Friday was 5 classes at two different elementary schools (Araki and Taisha). This can be pretty exhausting, but Friday turned out to be a good day and I remembered to take my new camera along so I could take some pics.

This is the large genkan (entrance hall) at the new Taisha Elementary main building. This is where all the kids arrive in the morning and take off their street shoes and change into their "indoor shoes." There is lots of construction around since they're tearing down the old elementary building. The new school buildings are fantastic - very modern and they have central heating!

2 comments:

Emily K said...

Central heating?!

I can scarcely contain my jealousy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks pretty. Your quizzes are entertaining as well ^_^

-Serge