Monday, November 09, 2009

平岡さんの顔に殴られた跡 島根女子大生遺棄事件(09/11/07)

I'm not sure if I'm understanding all the latest details of this tragic event, but basically a 19 year old college student from Shimane ken (Hamada town) was abducted on her way home this past week, and later they discovered her head. I think they are searching for the rest of her body.

I have a friend who is also a former ALT in Shimane who taught this girl when she was a Jr High student. My thoughts go out to her and this girl's friends and family.

I would be utterly devastated if something like this happened to one of my former students. According to my friend, this girl was really interested in English and would often talk to her.

-Jason

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. My heart goes out to her family. Please have a safe trip (きをつけて いってね)

It just goes to show that crazy people are everywhere, even in a place as safe as Japan.

Serena