Sunday, June 29, 2008

CHESS 2008


CHESS 2008 Day Two - before dinner - 20.jpg
Originally uploaded by Jason In Japan.

CHESS is the Camp for High School English Students of Shimane. We have it every year in the early summer. High School students from all over Shimane prefecture come together for 3 days of fun and English activities led by over 40 JETs.

This year we changed things up a bit, having a Super Quiz on the final day instead of the traditional skits. And it was my job to put the quiz together. :)

So I visited each workshop to gather information for the quiz questions and I came up with an idea to have to the students ask the JETs six questions over the first two days and then quiz them about the JET's answers. It worked well as a way to make the kids talk to the JETs during meals and freetime.

I posted over 140 pictures to my Flickr site, so click on this picture to be taken there and enjoy the pics!

-Jason

1 comment:

Colleen McIntosh said...

Love the idea of quizing the kids about the JETs. It's a great way to get them talking! (I am heading to Japan with JET in 4 weeks so this will be a teaching tool I keep with me!) -Colleen