Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Great review of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

One of my favorite long-form reviewers is back with another detailed look at a failed film - this time the 3rd of the Star Wars prequels - Revenge of the Sith.

It's the best 100 minutes you'll spend in front of your computer monitor this year.

Go HERE to see the review split up into three 30+ minute segments.

After watching his take down of the first prequel - The Phantom Menace, I was eager to see more.

And yes, I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but I have to agree with most of his review about how awful the prequel films are, and he gives good reasons why they're so bad.

And part three, where he compares Revenge of the Sith to Orson Welles' Citizen Kane is particularly funny and insightful about the art of cinema.

Sit back and enjoy!
-Jason

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Plinkett's reviews are hilarious. I was waiting and waiting for Ep. 3 review to come out. Honestly though, I found his Ep. 1&2 reviews to be a bit more funny than the Ep. 3 review. I bet if we ask kids what star wars is about, they'd say it's about a slave boy who turns into Darth Vader. NO it's NOT! Star Wars is about a farm boy who joins the rebellion to defeat the evil empire and battle the evil lord of the sith, Darth Vader who turns out to be his father. Count Dooku? General Grievous? Who the hell are they?