Saturday, March 08, 2008

photo update


Kendo in Yasugi - 9.jpg
Originally uploaded by Jason In Japan.

Hello All -

I've uploaded another 6 pages of pics to my Flickr site.

A grab bag of stuff - mostly from a year ago...

I've been searching thru my pics while preparing to make a movie of my pictures for my soon-to-graduate 9th graders, and I've been discovering sets of pics I forgot to upload to my Flickr site.

Like the pic above from a kendo tourney I went to last year. This pic is kinda blurry, but it shows coach Matsuo with some of the kendo girls, all in their heavy jackets, cuz it was winter and in an unheated gym. They're standing around a kerosene stove to get warm. Ahh, the wonders of modern Japan... :)

and the pic below is of a bunch of my students at last year's farewell ceremony (yo sen kai). They were 7th graders then, are 8th graders now, and in one short month will be my final class of 9th graders. Wow....

2007 TJH Yo Sen Kai - 14.jpg

so enjoy the pics, but it'll be a little while before I add more, cuz if you watched the vlog below then you know I'm super busy right now getting ready for all my upcoming graduation ceremonies.

Cheers,
Jason

No comments: