Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Beatles Live in Indianapolis 1964 Part1

I've been a Beatles fan what seems like all my life.
I had an article I wrote about the way their music has affected my generation published in Rolling Stone magazine.
I've read all the biographies, listened to every album, seen all the films.

And now I have YouTube. It's a great resource to search for interesting Beatles footage, like the montage of clips in the video above. The sound quality is particularly good for a clip like this - the makers must have had access to the sound board for the vocals.

Modern groups, such as The Backstreet Boys, or The Spice Girls, or Britney Spears, and the reaction they evoke from their teenage fans will often be compared to Beatlemania, but it's not the same. There will never be another Beatles. They were of a time and a place and the impact they had is eternal and crosses all borders.

Enjoy!
-Jason

No comments: