Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Happy Birthday Dad

My pops, John Harris, is celebrating his birthday today. He's turning Bill & Ted's favorite number this year, so next year will be a big bday for all of us in the family and I'd like to be in England for the party, but it may not happen.

My parents, who were both born in England, now live there enjoying their retirement. They live in a small village near the western border with Wales, called Burnham on Sea. It's in Somerset, if you know England. And I promised my Mom that I would go visit them in England for Christmas this year. Last year I stayed in Taisha for Xmas, mostly to be here for the awesome New Year's celebrations that take place from January 1-3. But it was a lonely time, as almost every other JET I know in Shimane went home or on vacation so there was nobody to hang out with. So this year I decided I would go spend a Christmas in England, something I haven't done since I was 7 or 8 years old.

Anyway - Happy Birthday Dad! Hope it's a good one, and I can't wait to see you and Mom later this year.

-Jason

No comments: