Saturday, January 07, 2006

Trivia update and stats

I didn't buy a new page-a-day calendar this year with daily Pop Culture trivia, so I've decided not to try and do a new trivia question every day like last year.

I do however still have the last two months worth of questions that I didn't post last year in November and December, so instead of a daily question, I'm going to offer a weekly question instead.

Not sure how quickly I'll reveal the answer - if waiting a whole week is too long, shoot me an email or leave some comments and I can post the answer the next day or something.

And in today's news was this statistic:

93 million visit shrines, temples during New Year holidays
TOKYO - An estimated 93.37 million people visited shrines and temples during the first three days of the New Year, a record figure and up 4.07 million from a year before, the National Police Agency said Thursday.


That's 93 million out of a total population of about 120 million - that's an incredibly huge percentage.
I wonder what percentage of Americans go to church on Christmas? Of course, not all Americans are Christians, but still I'm sure the percantage is way less.

Anyway - check back at least once a week for new trivia and more pictures are on the way.

-Jason
one of the 93 million

No comments: