Monday, May 09, 2005

Arigatoo Gozaimashita!

I love getting mail. Especially here in Japan, where my mailbox is a lonely place, I love getting small packages and letters from friends and family.

Back in the States, I got mail everyday. Sure, some of it was bills, and some of it was flyers or junk, but I used to get something addressd to me everyday. And I think one of the reasons I like Ebay and Amazon so much is how excited I get when I get packages in the mail.

So I'm gonna take a minute here to thank all the people that have sent me stuff since I came to Japan. My friend, Pat, sent me a great Monty Python postcard that still is on my bulletin board. My friend, Michele, sent me a great care package with Kraft Mac n Cheese and other goodies. My Uncle Terry sends me magazines and packages and food - Thanks Terry!

My sister is the defacto custodian of my affairs back in the States, and she forwards me my mail and helps send me other packages from my storage as I think of things I need, like winter clothes back in December or my Halloween costume back in October. Lynda - you're awesome - Thanks so much!

And of course my parents are always sending me things - cards and little gifts and articles that they cut out of the UK newspapers so I can put up pictures of Beckham on my classroom walls. They're always thinking about me, and for that and so much more I'm very grateful.

So if you want to engender this kind of unabashed affection, please feel free to send me stuff. I always appreciate it!

Just email me and I can send you my Japan address, and if for some reason you don't have my email, leave a comment here and I'll send it to you.

See you!
-Jason

No comments: